How to start a career in Digital Marketing from scratch
So here i’m gona tell you how you can start your Career in ‘Digital Marketing’ from scratch.
I’m into it for more than 5 years and it’s never too late for anyone , to get into the exciting world of online marketing.
You can start a career in Digital Marketing by building the required skills using online resources and by serving clients around the World from the comfort of your own home.
NOTE:- Your may face failure in starting but keep in mind that Failure Leads To Success
View more such content :– CLICK HERE
How Much You Can Make:-
So the answer to the above question is As Many . Yes, you heard right you can make as many money and the cost for labour charge is zero. In this you need is to sell the product overseas or in your own country with hundreds of online platform.
In a recent industry survey by Credo they found that the average rate for digital Marketer consultants worldwide is $140 per hour.
1. Get to know the basics of Digital Marketing
Resources you can use to understand the basic concepts:
- Digital Marketing Courses – A list of the 10 best courses to learn (free & paid).
- Digital Marketing Full Course – Build the necessary skills to start a in this field.
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing – A free online course by Google which explains the basic principles of Digital Marketing.
- Digital Marketing Certificates – Get certified in Digital Marketer and boost your career.
2. Start your own website
I know that this process will take time and if you are new to this, the learning curve will be big.
Having your own website will not only help you to learn the different concepts but you can use it as a showcase to convince new employers and increase the reach of your sales.
Resources you can use to create a new website :
- How to start a WordPress Blog – A step-by-step Guide for Beginners in Blogging and Digital Marketing.
- How to start an Online Business – Tips on how to turn your blog into an online business and wider your reach in Digital Marketing.
3. Become an SEO Expert
With SEO you’ll learn how to create websites that both users and search engines love and wider you Digital Marketing career, apply the same concepts to improve your Google Ads and Facebook/Instagram/Tiktok paid campaigns.( Digital Marketing )
Build your SEO career gradually and when you feel that you have master the skills of SEO, continue with the rest.These resources will help you get started with SEO
- What is SEO
- SEO Basics for Beginners
- SEO Training Guide
- Full Course
- SEO Strategy to go from 0 to 100K Visits per month
4. Get a Google Ads Certification
The fastest way to acquire the necessary skills is to get a Google Ads certification. Online has a plethora of resources to help you become a Expert Use the following resources to Google get Certified:
5. Master Facebook Ads Advertising
If you have already followed the steps above and have good knowledge of SEO and Google Ads, learning how to use Facebook Ads will not be difficult.
Many of the concepts are similar to PPC but you still need to learn how to use the ‘tool’ and ‘familiarize’ yourself with the various Facebook policies.’Use the following resources to learn Facebook Marketing:
6. Become an expert in Google Analytics
Your starting point is becoming an expert in Google Analytics.The following guides can help you get started:
- What are Google Analytics Page Views?
- Google Analytics and SEO
- Google Analytics Reports for Beginners
- Analytics Academy
7. Get a digital marketing job as a freelancer
- Read the job posting requirements carefully and reply to any questions.
- Reply fast. A job application will receive hundreds of applicants so make sure that yours is on top of the list.
- Keep your prices low and reasonable. If you have no experience, you cannot charge a premium fee. Your goal at this stage is to gain experience so that you can make money later.
8. Practise More and More
This is highly recommended because you will get to learn how a modern digital marketing agency works and you can use some of their practices if you decide later to start your own agency or join another company as a digital marketing expert.
Starting your career as a freelancer, without having working experience in a company, will be more difficult because you’ll have to figure out everything from scratch.
9. Stay informed of new updates and keep learning
- Seroundtable – By far my favorite website when it comes to digital marketing news and updates. Barry does a great job of informing us of everything is happening in the industry.
- Search Engine Journal – News and resources on all digital marketing topics
- Content Marketing Institute – The content marketing premier resource
- Google Blog – Updates on all Google technologies
10. Learn how to use Digital Marketing Tools
- Google Data Studio – Free and can be used to create custom dashboards and nice reports.
- SEMRUSH – This is the tool I use daily. Read my semrush review for more details.
We recommend all our readers to go to GET POST page of our website and post an article , we may add you as a frequent writer and you may get paid for each article which will be verified by our expert.